Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Kathie Olivas is one of my favorite artists. She just had her solo show called 'Ghosts and Martyrs' in the Copro Nason gallery in Santa Monica, CA.
I think that these children have some of the most suspicious looks I've ever seen in contemporary art. They all look like small adults and one gets the impression that they are definitely not to be trusted. If they offered me a lollipop I wouldn't eat it, since I'm sure it would be poisoned...
Every time I look at them, I feel kind of guilty. I have this impression that they know more than we think, that they see deep inside you. So, if you have a guilty conscience about anything, don't buy these paintings. These children will haunt you in your dreams.
www.miserychildren.com



Boy in Pig Suit on Stool


Scandal

No comments: